January 8, 2007
· Doing well on the diet, but in all fairness I've only been doing this since the 3rd. No weight lost just yet but I'm not feeling half-starved like I was last Wednesday.
· On the topic of my other "resolution", May's a five-paycheck month so that'll probably be when I lease the new car. Turns out the six-speed on Hondas/Acuras just adds a first-and-a-half gear instead of a sixth gear with an even lower ratio. So the six-speed is essentially useless for me. Kinda sucks, and it basically takes the Accord V-6 out of contention since the only way to get the V-6 and a manual transmission is to get the worthless six-speed for a total of 27,000-some-odd dollars. So I'm looking at Acuras but that's difficult because the Flash 9 player in Firefox doesn't work with their web site very well.
· NFL playoff note: Eli Manning has surpassed his big brother Peyton. Eli's already much better at choking in the playoffs.
· Got my Virginia tax return over the weekend. With no freelance work to generate 1099s, I'm looking forward to having a very simple return for a change.
· I made a mistake signing up for the online page-a-day calendar this year. Sudoku doesn't work as well on paper as it does on a computer screen. Where I usually get online puzzles right the first time, I wind up going down blind alleys with the printable versions and just crumple up the page and throw it out.