January 23, 2007
Yet another item in my continuing series of crap I'm too lazy to write a full entry about.
· Talked to the collections agency; Verizon removed the account from collections. Talked to Verizon and it's all taken care of. The DSL department even owes me money. Nice. That's been fixed up since December 27th, or just under a month. What's my credit score now? 668. The update hasn't made it through to the credit bureaus yet. I think I need to work on that.
· Got our first snow of the season over the weekend, and the idiots were out in force Monday morning. There was a Manassas Park city cop sitting on Manassas Drive making sure people were driving safely. Numbnuts flashes his high-beams at me and motions for me to slow down. How fast was I going in a 25 mph zone? 28.
· Still on the diet. Down to 226 now. Weight loss seems to be about a pound a week anymore, which I'm pretty sure is what it's supposed to be. That means I'll hit my target weight some time in February... of 2008. For those of you interested in exploring the exciting opportunities of being 60 pounds overweight -- not being able to find pants in your size, having to strain to touch your toes, people mistaking your navel for a blowhole when you float on your back -- I gotta tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be.
· I'm going back to Katsucon in February (of this year). All in all I had a pretty good time at the last one, and now that I know there'll be a couple of my friends there it should be better. Even have my own camera this time.
· Speaking of my new camera, Fuji CCDs seem to be sensitive to the near infrared. You can buy filters to attach in front of the lens to filter out the visible light and make the IR appear in grayscale. This sounds like it would be really handy for the con, but the price of the filter makes it a little less worthwhile.
· Things are still on track for leasing a new car in May. I may even have my credit card paid off as of my March payment. I remember the days long ago when I didn't carry a credit card balance month-to-month. I kid you not, I haven't done that since January of 2002. Being out of work for that year really sucked, in more ways than one.