July 5, 2007
Well, it's not like I post anything useful here anyway, so here goes. This is a long one (51 questions).
- First Name and middle name?
- What holiday is closest to your birthday?
Halloween (I've already heard it).
- Favorite fruit?
Never been a fan of boy bands.
- Does it bother you when someone says they'll call you and they don't?
Depends. If it's just shooting the shit, not really. If it's "we'll call you when we figure out what [club|restaurant|fun thing] we're going to," then yes.
- Are you allergic to anything?
Sulfa-based drugs, cat hair, some pollen.
- Is there someone/something you want?
If I ever get to the point that I don't want anyone/anything, just put two in my brain, OK?
- When was the last time you went swimming?
Hm... '05 I think.
- How many U.S states have you been to?
Your answer is here. Start counting.
- How many of the U.S states have you lived in?
Three: Ohio, Pennsylvania and (currently) Virginia.
- What's your favorite kind of drink?
I've gotten mildly addicted to frapuccinos, even if I never spell them the same way twice.
- Does anyone like you?
Little-L? A few people. Big-L? Doubtful.
- Do you have any strange pets?
Short of attempting to domesticate the spider that descended on me while I was peeing yesterday, no.
- What is your dream car?
Probably a Porsche of some sort. BMWs are nice, but they don't necessarily look BMWy to me any more... I like the older, boxier look. In the more affordable category, the VW Eos looks fun.
- What'd you do yesterday?
Went to work, came home, watched TV, talked on the phone. I'm a wild man, I tell ya.
- Are you bipolar?
Not as far as I know. If I were in the mood to self-diagnose, maybe. But when it comes to mental illnesses I'm a total hypochondriac.
- So do you and your ex's have good relationships?
- Where would you want to go on a first date?
Don't really know. Which is probably why I always think they turn out badly. Not a big fan of "dinner and a movie" though: Why spend the time you're supposed to be getting to know somebody by going to a place where you're not supposed to talk?
- Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Other than "hey, look, I can play [instrument], no.
- Ever been kissed under fireworks?
- What was the last text message you received?
Probably figuring out a time and place to meet up for a baseball game.
- Have you ever bungee jumped?
Nope. Looks like fun, but that whole scared-of-heights thing would probably bite me. Same with skydiving.
- Have you ever kayaked?
Rafted, yes. Kayaked, no. I like being able to move around.
- Are you an extreme racist?
No way. I hate everybody, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin or sexual orientation.
- What sound are you listening to right now?
Birds, mostly. Occasional traffic.
- What's your favorite song at the moment?
I've had some Tears for Fears on constant loop in my head for a couple days. I guess that counts.
- What was the last movie you watched?
Star Wars. No episode number, the opening crawl just said Star Wars.
- Where was the last place you went besides your house?
The driving range. (I sucked. No, that's not accurate. What's the first level below "suck"?
- Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
Well, there was that one Fourth of July when a bottle rocket exploded under the S8N car back on campus, but other than that, no. (The car continued its Dark Lord ways unharmed.)
- What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
- Did you participate in any sports in high school?
I'm pretty sure cross-country counts as a sport, though I don't know if my participation in it did.
- What do you usually order from Olive Garden?
I honestly can't remember the last time I was at an Olive Garden. Has to have been several years. So "usually" would be what I get the next time I'm there, probably some time around 2015.
- Say something totally random about yourself.
I have a supernumerary nipple.
- Do you have an iPod?
Only in the "every copier is a xerox" sense. Creative Zen Jukebox, but no iPod.
- Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
If they did, the celebrity could sue for slander.
- Do you have freckles?
Yes, but only on my arms most of the time.
- Are you comfortable with your height?
Well, I've gotten used to being unable to reach some things, but if I'm going to continue weighing 196 I should probably grow another couple inches.
- Do you love someone right now?
- How tall are you?
5'7", about 170 cm for you metric types.
- Speak any other languages?
I took a few years of French way back when, and a semester of Spanish in college because I had to take a semester of something, but I wouldn't say I can speak either language beyond "cervesa, por favor." And I'd probably manage to get that wrong.
- Have you ever ridden in a blimp?
Well, there was this one party where I was really drunk... Oh, you mean the lighter-than-air ships. Er, no. Let's just drop this, shall we?
- Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Grandparents, and an old friend from elementary school. The last one I hadn't talked to in years, so I don't know if "close" counts, but it was still kinda deflating to find out someone my own age (college at the time) had cacked it.
- Do you watch MTV?
- What's something that really annoys you?
Hearing people eat. Not quiet chewing, but someone slurping and smacking just about drives me batshit. When they show something like a professional taste-tester I have to change the channel. I've actually yelled at people to chew with their mouths shut before.
- Do you have a crush?
"A" crush? I'm limited to one?
- Do you drive when you go on long trips?
Only if it's within about eight hours, otherwise I fly. But I have driven between Pittsburgh and Orlando once. One time was enough.
- What's the latest you have ever stayed out?
I think I opened the McDonald's in Oakland once. I'm pretty sure that's about 6 AM. Of course, for some projects in college I pulled all-nighters, but that's not really going out.
- Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
For sure, no. But I was really nervous riding between Narita Airport and Yokosuka. If I was going to die in a car wreck, I'm sure that would've been the day. (We arrived just fine, but at that point I decided that "Asians can't drive" is not a vicious stereotype -- just a declaration of fact.)
- Were you ever rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Nope. Drove myself once, though.
- Who do you live with?
The voices in my head.
- What color is your hair?
Light brown, with some gray and a few dashes of "non-existant".
- Who were the last people you hung out with?
College buddy of mine. Went bowling. Going to a party and watching fireworks later today (7/4).
There you go. Tell all your friends what a wonderfully captivating personality I have!